Thursday 25 December 2014

Merry Christmas and All That Jazz

This is just a mega-quick post to say:


I hope you've all had (and still are having) a very festive season, and thanks to all of you who are still reading my blogs and reviews while you’re on holiday and have nothing to procrastinate for. It warms my heart, really.

This post is also functioning as yet another “Update from Amy”, as I’m driving down to the coast tomorrow and will regrettably be unable to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot while lying in bed. So what that means is this: I will be doing a truckload of reading (and hopefully reach my 50 book goal for the end of the year – fingers crossed) and a lot of writing due to being unable to spend several hours a day scrolling through Tumblr or other useless social media sites. But, due to the fact that I will have to move (i.e. drive to a Wi-Fi hotspot) to be able to post blogs and reviews, I might not be posting reviews and/or blogs very often.

BUT my Ultimate Nerd List is still due on the 31st of December, and no I have not forgotten (again), so maybe it will actually be up on time – or even a little early (who are we kidding? It’ll never be up early. This is me we’re referring to).

Also, seeing as I haven’t done another special Happy Holidays blog, if you’re bored right now you can reread my How To Christmas Socialization from last year. I believe it’s still very relevant…

P.S. If you’re super, ultra bored this Christmas because the family’s left and all you have is soppy Christmas movies and leftover turkey, I recommend reading ‘Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald’ by Therese Anne Fowler. I just finished it yesterday, and it’s a phenomenal (largely fictional) account of Zelda Fitzgerald and F. Scott Fitzgerald’s life, narrated from Zelda’s perspective. It gives great insight into the genius and madness behind The Great Gatsby, if you enjoyed that.


P.P.S. If you don’t do the historical novel thing, ‘The Cider House Rules’ by John Irving is one of the most amazing books I’ve ever read, and I believe that no matter what kind of books you’re interested in, it’s essential to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment